My 30th Birthday

A couple weeks ago I turned 30! 

It's a big milestone, and I'm feeling good about it. I'm beyond grateful for all I accomplished in the last decade, but Hummusapien said it perfectly: "I'm no longer enthralled by the constant hustle that fueled my 20's." Fully embracing this more grounded phase and looking forward to seeing what it holds!


Pic from Lyd's bday the weekend before.

My sisters planned on coming out for the big day. They had airplane tickets and we planned to do it up big like we did for Sarah's 30th in Sundance! But COVID happened and we decided to postpone their trip. 

Instead Matt, the kids and I had a quiet day in our new home and went out to lunch - in a restaurant! - for the first time in months. It was great. 



Here's what I shared on Instagram:

As I start a new decade I’ve been thinking back over the last 10 years and the journey they’ve been. I started my 20s as an eager college student and ended as a woman with a career and family of my own. Some of the most memorable moments from the last 10 years...

• Earned 2 bachelor’s degrees and a master’s
• Went skydiving 
• Joined The Church, which gave me a foundation, direction, peace, hope, and a strong community everywhere life took me
• Got married!
• Started a career I love
• Moved 8 times 
• Adopted Barkley 🐢 
• Ran a marathon 
• Lived in Alaska for 3 years πŸ₯ΆπŸ˜…
• Welcomed Lydia and Luke into our family πŸ’πŸ’™
• Survived Matt’s year-long deployment with 2 little kids at home
• Moved into our first house
• Traveled to 19 states and 5 countries 🌍

I’m proud of the person I’ve become, and am grateful for the many people who helped along the way. I’m looking forward to the coming decade and all the adventures and growth that will come with it! πŸ₯³

Comments

Popular Posts