Short and sweet
That's how this week was. :) Short and sweet. It seemed short because it was busy. We're just now getting caught up from being away for Christmas, and it's good to be back on track.
Six more classes at the rec center: down. I now teach a class there every day of the week except Sundays. Yoga classes were fuller than usual (lots of resolutions this time of year!) and senior water aerobics was extra fun: we played musical chairs (using pool floaties instead of chairs) and had so much fun that we attracted some bystanders to come play with us. :D The gentleman who won was over 85 years old!
Like him, I fully plan to be beating the competition at aqua musical chairs when I am 85. :D What's life without goals?
On Monday I finally (FINALLY) organized the cards we got from our wedding into our pretty guest book. It was fun to sit down together and look back at the nice things friends and family said to us. :) And sang to us.
Perfect FHE activity. The only problem is, our guest book will never be able to shut again. But it's ok. :) It looks better full.
The snow returned this week and I'm glad :) It's much prettier as new-fallen powder than frozen, muddy slush.
That's a short and sweet overview of our week! Enjoy yours :)
Six more classes at the rec center: down. I now teach a class there every day of the week except Sundays. Yoga classes were fuller than usual (lots of resolutions this time of year!) and senior water aerobics was extra fun: we played musical chairs (using pool floaties instead of chairs) and had so much fun that we attracted some bystanders to come play with us. :D The gentleman who won was over 85 years old!
Like him, I fully plan to be beating the competition at aqua musical chairs when I am 85. :D What's life without goals?
On Monday I finally (FINALLY) organized the cards we got from our wedding into our pretty guest book. It was fun to sit down together and look back at the nice things friends and family said to us. :) And sang to us.
| Artwork by Ellen :) |
Perfect FHE activity. The only problem is, our guest book will never be able to shut again. But it's ok. :) It looks better full.
Snapshots from the week:
Dinner one night at Mountain West Burrito. Something about knowing that we're going to be moving away in the not-that-distant future makes me want to experience all the good stuff Provo has to offer. This burrito stand is one of those things. It has a following here in Utah Valley and now we know why: seriously spectacular Mexican food. We even left our mark by signing our names on the door they designated for fans to write all over. :)
Barkley continues to demand to be the center of attention. It's a good thing he's cute ;) We were all surprised when he managed to curl up on my lap like this:
Last Sunday we found my new favorite TV show. Did you know they made a TV series out of the movie Madagascar? And that it's on Netflix? And absolutely better-than-the-movie adorable?
We watched the Valentine's Day episode and I loved it. Look at the monkey's face on the right and try not to smile :)
| King Julian |
I had a few of these this week to meet the week's goal of having 5 fruits/veggies every day:
And then shared one of these with Matt:
Just to balance things out ;)
One night we took Barkley to the tennis courts (which are abandoned in the winter by everyone except by us ingenious dog owners) to let him run and play fetch off leash in an enclosed area. This is the closest thing to a dog park that Utah County offers. We get by. :)
We have one happy dog!
This week's reading material:
and
I'm loving the BYU library these days. They have everything!
A package arrived from my family's trip to Morocco :) Perfect way to brighten up a cold, snowy day!
I wore the scarf that very night to a wrestling match at Utah Valley University.
We don't really have any connection to UVU, but Matt heard about the match and wanted to watch it. I thought it was interesting and found ways to entertain myself :)
My favorite part was the head-in-the-hole poster:
Creative marketing, right? :)
This week I worked on this some more:
and took Sir Barkley on walks every day on my lunch break. Any excuse to get out of the house and moving is important for someone who works from home, so the added reason to do just that is one of my favorite parts of doggy ownership.
| My current laptop background pic |
| Barkley looking over his kingdom :) |
I decorated for Valentine's Day and love how it all turned out. The heart wreath looks almost exactly like something I saw on Pinterest, and I got it at CVS!
My family continues to travel to beautiful and exotic locations. Here they are at one of the world's best restaurants, in Carmel by the Sea. I think we have to start hanging out with them more often.
And Friday night was a success as well. Can't go wrong with a temple date :)













I love your cute puppy! He's so cute and fun! I want one :) When is your half marathon? I just started training again for my second one!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tammy! We sure love him. :)
DeleteMy half marathon was supposed to be last fall, but was called off when my race partner got injured. I'm thinking about trying it again this spring. :) Good luck training for your SECOND one - that is really cool! I'd love to hear more about it as you train!
What kind of a DQ Blizzard is that?? It looks crazy good!
ReplyDeleteThis month's "special" - Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!! It was divine :) :)
Delete