Truth and Dare

***(scroll to the bottom of this post for a dare!!)

This week had one stand-out highlight: Military Ball on Friday night! :D


Coincidentally our 6-month wedding anniversary was this week too, so we paired events by going out for our 'anniversary' dinner right before Ball on Friday evening. It worked out perfectly!

We ate at a restaurant in Provo that's considered a "hidden gem" because not many people know about it: it's called Gloria's Little Italy and exceeded our expectations! :)


The food was delicious, and the live music was a great touch! After loving every bite, we headed out to meet the other ROTC cadets and their dates on campus at BYU. :)

Although we called it "ball," the military event was more like a social. Instead of focusing on dancing, this year's event was a comedy show by Provo's popular improv group, ComedySportz

We love this group, so we were excited to see them again this weekend! Matt and I went to see them together as one of our first dates, and later we also took Stacy and Caity to their show when they visited last February :) It was fun to watch with a room full of friends this time!


When we got to the theatre on campus, we met with friends and took our seats. We got to sit between two fun couples: a friend of mine from the Rec Center + her date, and Matt's brother Zac and his date! We laughed for almost a solid hour - it was a really good show!

Next all the cadets and their dates headed to a different building on campus where a dance was set up and waiting for us! Although we didn't stay long, we got to take cute pics and chat with friends :)


Next we headed downtown for gelato and people watching. It was the perfect way to round out the night!



I loved the whole evening :) It seems like every ROTC event we go to is a good time!

The rest of the week went well, too. A couple highlights:

ROTC had Presidential Review, which they've been anticipating for a while. Presidential Review is when an important leader like an army General comes and gives a speech, and the president of BYU 'inspects' the Army and Air Force companies. 



Last year President Utchdorf was the one speaking, so a large crowd showed up! 

Presidential Review 2012 with President Utchdorf

Unfortunately I couldn't be there this year because I was teaching senior water aerobics. A girl's gotta work!

Later in the week I took a trip to SLC to do some necessary shopping, after I realized that the store Athleta does a 30% discount for fitness instructors! What?? Was I the only instructor on earth who didn't know about that?? :)



I picked up some new yoga-teaching clothes, including these adorable workout tights. I wished I could have taken half the store home with me! :)

Also while in Salt Lake I walked through Temple Square  and noticed that their Christmas lights are going up!! :D

In front of the JSMB

Inside Deseret Book. That counts as Temple Square, right? :) 

Temple Square seriously has THE BEST Christmas lights - and it's where Matt proposed to me last year! If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this amazing video to see what goes on!



The ride home from SLC was crowded, but sure had a beautiful backdrop:


And that's that!

In addition to telling you about our week, I also wanted to give you a dare. :) (like in good old middle school days!)

You see, blog statistics are amazing. They can tell me how many people view my blog, when, and from which website they're visiting (it usually says something general like "Facebook" or "Pinterest.") But they don't tell me who exactly is seeing the posts

I've been surprised by how many people are viewing this blog each week! I probably know most of you since I publicize through Facebook - so we're probably already friends (hi you!) :) And if not, you're on my blog, so I already like you!

So I dare you - double dog dare you - to leave a comment on this post. Maybe explain why you visit this blog, or leave a 'dare' for me. :) 

Don't forget what happens to people who don't follow through with a dare when playing "truth or dare"... :D

So leave a comment. I think I like you already! :)



Comments

  1. I like reading about your adventures, and I also feel a little inspired by your life in general, as I have been pregnant this whole year and am really looking forward to getting fit and healthy again... and you seem accessible and positive about your activity level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Julie!! Ya, I like to find fun ways to stay active and end up loving my workouts! :) It was good seeing you this weekend - I hope you and your little one are doing well!

      Delete
  2. I'll take your dare! On 'the Sunday bike trail' today I was asking your mom about your classes, and she mentioned your blog. I think you're the perfect seniors' fitness instructor. Good for you to be doing it. Your blog is very nice and your ROTC network sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary! I'm glad you dropped by! And thank you - working with the seniors is really interesting and gives me a whole new perspective on healthy living. It really is "good for me!" :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading your blog each week! You seem so happy and I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I'm so glad we can stay connected through our blogs! You and Devon are the cutest and I love seeing how well you're doing, too! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey cuz! I look forward to your blog every week because I love how you tag links about the church, and you are a really good writer! Keep it comin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :D Thanks Tara! I'm so glad to hear that! Are you guys coming to Thanksgiving in Boise?? It'd be great to see you there!

      Delete
  5. So Glad you had fun at the ball this week! And LOVE those new tights!

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny! It was great :) I'm sure you know all about that!! And ya, Athleta has great products in this season. It's worth checking out!

      Delete
  6. Laura,
    I keep coming back week after week because your such an amazing person. I feel a little stalker-ish sometimes but you write about some pretty awesome adventures. I know we cant see each other often (a few hundred miles separate us), but in a way it is like keeping in touch. Hope you and Matt are well and I look forward to hearing about this weeks adventures :)
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D Blogs are probably my favorite way to keep in touch with friends. Even if it does feel a little "stalkerish" sometimes! :) I'd love to see you and your family again - let me know next time you're in SLC! :)

      Delete
  7. I get behind sometimes (reading this one a few weeks late! ) but seem to always read them. Love keeping up with my kids! ! You've got great pics, links, stories & updates. Great seeing you both "live" this way! ! Love your style! ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts