Here's one for the baby book

Hey friends!

This week was focused on work for both of us. And can I just say how much fun it is to be 'the family breadwinner' for now?? In the future it will probably be Matt making most of the income (the way it is in most families), but for now it's exhilarating and so rewarding to be the one bringin' home the bacon :D And putting my degree to good use is, of course, the reason I got it!! It helps also that I love my job and side ventures.

Anyway, let's dive into the highlights of our week :)

Matt had training pretty much all day on Saturday, so after I taught yoga, I kissed him goodbye and it was just me and Barkley for a while! Besides a few chores and errands the only thing remaining on my to-do list was a long run.

So long run, I did! I had 12 miles planned out for the day but somewhere between miles 2 and 6 I decided that it wasn't so bad after all and just to tack on another 1.1 miles and do my first half marathon. No biggie, right? I mean, I really had nothing else to do all day except send a few emails. So... I did! I ran a half marathon just like that.



After it was finished I felt super excited and like I was about to die at the same time. Next time I'll actually plan for my half marathons instead of doing impromptu distance runs just for the fun of it. But hey, now I can say I've done it!

By the way what really got me though were shot blocks (thanks Heidi for the recommendation!) and stopping at stores along the way for water because I forgot mine...

Other fun things from the week:

Monday night's dinner - we had home made fondue!



Matt acquired a random fondue kit from a friend who didn't want theirs anymore (you know who you are - thank you!!) and after we brought home more cheese than we have ever had in the house at one time, he put it all together to make yummy, stringy, yellowey fondue. I chopped veggies and sliced french bread unto squares, which we then stuck in the hot cheese for a yummy - and fun! - dinner.



Of course we can't do this TOO often or else we won't fit into our jeans, but once in a while is fun :)

On Friday afternoon while Matt finished up school stuff I met up with Bethany at the fancy outdoor mall in our area (Riverwoods!) and we agreed it would be a good idea to bring Barkley to let him explore and walk around.

I got there early to let him do just that before B arrived, but was surprised to find that all he wanted to do was sit in my lap. No exploring for this dog. Just sunbathing.


And on Tuesday Matt and I went to BYU's regular devotional to find that it was a special day - President Eyering was there to officially announce that the former president of BYU would be retiring and to announce the new president. It was a special moment, especially when President Samuelson got a standing ovation!



...And that's pretty much it! Other than work stuff.  And the fact that my parents went back down to L.A. to hang out with Ellen for the first couple days of her spring break (before her cruise with friends) and Sarah is playing in Paris this week. I would be heartbroken (or overcome with jealousy) if I hadn't just been to Las Vegas last week with Matt.

Have a great week, friends!! :) We love you!



Comments

Popular Posts