A memorable opportunity
Good morning!
This week we had the opportunity to hear from Elaine S. Dalton as she spoke to our ward in a private fireside.
Another perk is that Matt's picture got to be included in a new book!
I submitted some of his mission pictures to be included in a new book about missionary work, and they used one! They put his name in print and everything :)
This Tuesday I hosted a work meeting, and was worried that Barkley would be a distraction. I think it's safe to say he stole the show!
This week we had the opportunity to hear from Elaine S. Dalton as she spoke to our ward in a private fireside.
Elaine S. Dalton is a recently released general authority of The LDS Church (General Young Women President 2008-2013) and a personal hero of mine. Someone in our ward must have had the hook-up, becaucse she and her husband came and spoke just to us!
Short video on women in LDS Church leadership, including Elaine S Dalton
I've read her books, pinned her quotes on Pinterest, listed to and re-read her talks. So seeing her in person was a treat! The best part? I was asked to give the closing prayer, which meant that I got to be right up there with them, meet them, shake their hands, and chat with them for a moment at the end of the event. It was nerve wraking but a memorable opportunity!
I'll count it as one of the perks of living in Utah. :)
Another perk is that Matt's picture got to be included in a new book!
I submitted some of his mission pictures to be included in a new book about missionary work, and they used one! They put his name in print and everything :)
I sent in the pictures months ago and had almost forgotten about it, but recently the author emailed me to let me know our picures had been selected for publication!
We went to the book store pretty quick after that to check it out :) There he was!
This Tuesday I hosted a work meeting, and was worried that Barkley would be a distraction. I think it's safe to say he stole the show!
That dog does not let himself be ignored :)
Google Fiber has officially come to Provo. :) The Rec Center was one of the first 5 businesses to get it and people are pretty excited (remember when I was in their application video? ). They set up a demo area for it, right in the lobby. Usually that TV is on, but not at 5:45am before my class.
Sunrise from the Provo Rec. Early morning is the best:
Lunch date at Sammy's! This was Matt's idea because this place is fameous and I'd never been. I think it's more well-known for its night events and summer concerts than mid-day meals, though. Haha.
Blueberries are back in force at the grocery store!!! I picked some up after yoga one morning and we both dug in:
Evening games of fetch out on the grass with Barkley are becoming a thing. We're really enjoyng the springtimey weather. :)
Lots more running this week! By now my legs seriously need a break. On Wednesday I had one of my most adventurous runs of all time. It included a 15 foot avalanche that people were scaling (one guy even brought his bike over) and sheets of ice. The path was technically closed for winter but when it was 70 degrees and dry I just didn't see much avalanche danger. But there were remnanats of earlier falls.
Then, on Friday afternoon I met up with my friend Melissa for a doggy date!
We met at a park she knew of where Barkley and her dog Q could run off leash and in the river. It was fun:) Barkley was surprisingly fearless on the play structure and even went down the slide. Hahaha
And to wrap it up, Friday night's date took Matt and me to the BEST food truck we've ever tried. Really! This one was a donut truck, and their donuts were seriously out of this world!!
They were hot out of the oven and actually the best donuts we've ever had! I'm not even exaggerating. We will definately be going back. Utah friends, you can follow their Facebook page for location updates HERE. :) Do it!
And that about wraps it up. Thanks for checking in every week you guys :) I can see how many of you are looking at the blog every week and it's been surpassing my expectations by a lot! I love that we can share the highlights of our life with you, and I hope you collect fun ideas of things to do as you read. I hope you have a great week - until next time!










Comments
Post a Comment