Outdoors, yoga + our one-month anniversary


 Happy Sunday, friends! It's been a wonderful week at the Neuffer household. This week marked our first month of marriage! Here's what we were up to:

Last Saturday night we took a trip up to Squaw Peak for sunset. We got there an hour before the sun went down and walked around, ran into a couple friends, and enjoyed the fresh air.

Squaw Peak is always nice, but it was especially good this time becuase Matt had never been! The windy, 25-minute 'gunna-fall-off-the-edge' uphill drive was worth the view :)

Sunset over Utah Valley 
Our house is down there somewhere :)



Sunday morning we woke up slow and got ready for 12:30 church. Were happy to find that our picture, taken on the first Sunday in the family ward, was in the ward directory! That makes us official, right? :)




Church was wonderful and afterword we hung out at home before the ward Break the Fast potluck.

 We expected Break the Fast to be an at-home thing after we got married, so when we heard that our ward still did group ones, were more than game to bring food and hang out with our neighbors. :) Sunday nights are the best!

 Monday was a typical work day for both of us, but in the evening Kelsey invited us to a yoga class at the amazing studio where she works. It's actually the same place I met her the first time, when she recommended that I apply for the corporate wellness job I now have! :) Thanks, Kels!

The class was another first for Matt. Although he'd been to a couple classes of mine and done P90X yoga in his living room, he'd never been to a 90-minute studio class. And guess what. He was a NATURAL!! I was so, SO impressed - it was a pretty advanced class, and he jumped into poses that I couldn't even do. :)

PS. I think we're turning into health nuts. Were we always this way?



On Tuesday during Matt's lunch break he showed me a family of kittens living on campus!


Later that night we went to the temple for our weekly temple date. It's such a blessing to live within walking distance of a temple!





After returning from our session we went to bed early, because the next day, like we did a few mornings this week, we made it to BYU's student gym before work. The atmosphere there is great - happy, healthy people up and around as the sun comes up. It's the best!



Friday evening we had a BBQ with some couples in our quad.




And after hanging out there for a while we went to Jurrasic Park 3D at the dollar theatre. Haha :) It was just as terrifying as ever, but so much fun to see the dinosaurs popping off the screen this time.


Saturday morning was my first day teaching at the NEW Provo Rec Center!  

Second to last class of the morning is the perfect time! :)

By the way, notice how much Provo loves its Zumba... the classes fill up, too!

The PRC is huge, and amazing. They have multiple pools - indoor and outdoor - with water slides and a lazy river to float down. :) The weight rooms, sports courts, and group fitness facilities are just as impressive. If you're in the area I recommend a walk-though, at least!



My class was in one of the downstairs studios. 
















The class went very well and the students were GREAT - it was so, so good to see some of my long-time students there, mixed in with new faces :) SO excited to groove in and get to know these people! I taught a 90-minute class and left more excited about it than when I came. Going 3 months without teaching (during the building transition) was rough, and I'm extra glad to be back!

After teaching I headed home to have lunch with Matt and do our Saturday-afternoon deep-clean of the apartment. Since our home is just big enough for two to be comfortable, it didn't take long to do the end-of-the-week clean-up.

After relaixing at home for a few hours Matt had the idea to go to Deer Creek Lake and watch the sunset :) Great thinking, Matt! We packed up and headed out. 


Brownie points if you can tell what I'm reading! :D 


Good night, mountains



And now it's Sunday morning again! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing day :) We're off to church!



Comments

Popular Posts