Yoga, world travel, Greek yogurt "ice cream" + more!
Good morning! Hope you're having a happy Sunday. :) It's been a full week, so let's jump in!
First of all, this happend:
Haha :)
All week there was lots of work: projects, reports, and FIVE yoga classes!
When work feels overwhelming, it's helpful that this is my work space:
And that neither job requires me to wear shoes. :D
On Monday we relaxed with an early FHE at... the BYU Museum of Art!
The free museum is quiet during the summer, so we took atvantage. :) First, we ate at the MoA Cafe!
This was the view:
After din we walked around for a few minutes.
![]() |
| I never noticed this classic has a PUPPY! |
A blessing of living so close to a university is the interesting things to do on campus!
Tuesday I taught my regular 6am yoga AND subbed the 6pm class. In between teaching was a full day of work!
I made sure to have a break in there by creating something fun: Greek yogurt "ice cream"!!
We loved the energy and seeing all the good dancers flip their parters around the floor. We tried to copy them but I think we need more practice... :)
Look at that Mediterranean cutie!
I made sure to have a break in there by creating something fun: Greek yogurt "ice cream"!!
This was easy to make and we both actually like it better than real ice cream (it's less heavy)! The pictures explain it all - just after mixing, leave it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Presto! I love how it's pretty, too! BTW the bowl of dark stuff is berries! Mine were from frozen, so they were runny. It helped distrubute the flavor - and color - a little bit.
Yum yum.
Wednesday was temple night for us :) Oh how I love the temple!
Click HERE to see inside a temple and listen to why we have them!
Thursday was another double yoga day, and in between, the day was bursting with work!
By the time Friday rolled around we were ready for a break! We rounded out the work week with a BBQ in Provo Canyon with friends. :)
It was wonderful to leave the city for a while and be outside!
Saturday included teaching one more yoga class, and then an easy afternoon. We did our regular Saturday chores, then watched a movie at home when it got too hot to do much else.
We were saving up our energy because... later that night was country dancing!
We picked up Matt's cousin Taylor and his date, and headed downtown!
It was SO fun - every time we go dancing we realize we should do it more often. But the last time we went was back when Caity and Stacy were here!
We loved the energy and seeing all the good dancers flip their parters around the floor. We tried to copy them but I think we need more practice... :)
And now we're back to Sunday!
Hey, want to help us with something? :D
One of the few activities for today is to plan our trip for the end of summer! After Matt's training deployment in Europe we'll take a long weekend somewhere nearby. We'd love your help - where should we go?
Where should Matt & Laura go?
If you think we should go somewhere else, comment to let us know where and why. :D Thanks, guys!
But we're not the only ones traveling - recently my family has been planning trips galore!
For the past few weeks, Ellen has been in Italy for study abroad!
Now that her class is over, she's traveling Europe with friends. :)
Look at that Mediterranean cutie!
Sarah just found out she was accepted to her #1 choice international business school, called INSEAD! It's located in Fontainbleau, France, and she starts there early next year :D
The program lets her earn her MBA in one year (in the U.S. it usually takes two) and she'll get to be surrounded by business connections from around the world. This has been her dream for a long time!
But even before then, she and Dad are going to Japan!
They're excited to hike Mt. Fuji with a couple friends.
And as soon as they get back, Matt's off to Europe!
With all this travel I'm grateful for Facebook and email to keep us all updated on our adventures.
That's it, until next week! Make it a great one!



















Can I just say Laura, that I love to read this blog.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog and wished I lived closer because I'd be in your yoga class! You should definitely go to Zion NP we've gone multiple times and it is gorgeous. Beautiful places to camp and hike and lots of interesting pioneer history (hence the name Zion). GC is great too but I feel like you need more time to explore there. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies!! That makes me so happy!
ReplyDeleteSabrina, thanks for your feedback! Zion is our #1 choice... if you have any suggestions feel free to send them to me! Maybe in an FB message :)