Wedding pictures, Father's Day + date night in SLC

Sometimes the fullest weeks are the hardest to remember. What did we do, again, between this event and that chore? That's how this week was. Full and good!

On Monday, wedding pictures arrived! Darlayne did a beautiful job, and we recommend her to anyone. For Family Home Evening (FHE, that's Monday night family night), we picked out our favorites and shared them on Facebook. :) It was SO much fun to look back on our day!

By Darlayne Rodriguez, our friend and photographer!

Since wedding pics were in, and as a thank-you to the designer of my wedding dress, I sent her a few pictures that she might use for advertising. Later I was excited to find of the pictures on her Facebook and Pinterest! I recommend her to anyone looking for a chic and unique, modest dress. (She is "couture" meaning you send in your measurements and she makes the dress just for you. So much better than hoping for something "good" off the rack.) www.LevCollection.com



Between Tuesday and Saturday I taught FOUR yoga classes - three of my own plus one subbing. I also started taking other group fitness classes at the Rec Center, to meet the instructors and to be able to reocommend classes. I'm most excited about spin next week :) The room itself is amazing!



Tuesday was our regular temple date night, and it was wonderful as always!



There's a special 'togetherness' we feel after going to the temple as a couple. It's totally irreplacable.

On Wednesday evening after I finished subbing a friend's yoga, we went to the last session of a month-long marriage class!

I promise there were other people there. We were just early :)
The class was a project that two BYU students did for their Family Life senior capstone. We learned a lot over the weeks and were even compensated for being their inaugural class by getting gift cards! It's been one more reason to love Provo :)

Thursday was another regular day with exercise in the morning and work during the day, but it somehow felt busy and exhausting for both of us. So that evening we decided to skip the free outdoor movie we'd considered, and instead stayed home for a quiet evening! I started reading A Return to Virtue by Elaine S. Dalton, and was inspired from page one. It's a wonderful book with a great message about living our best lives. Click for a link.



On Friday, after the regular workday routine, Matt and I had a quick dinner at home before driving up to Salt Lake City!

Friends from the amazing health program I mentioned in an earlier post invited us to a convention for this program.

There was a great energy and it was exciting to be surrounded by people who obviously LOVED what they were doing - helping people lose weight quickly and healthfully, then keep it off. I'm a living testament that it works!


We heard inspirational stores about lots and LOTS of people who lost weight and kept it off like I did. With the help of this program and their free health coach, they and I now have a formula and a plan to stay health for life. They're free from constant worry about what to eat and when, and how they look and feel. 

As a wellness professional with a degree in Health Promotion and Education, I've learned about a million health programs. However this is the only one I've found that ACTIALLY works for the long-run. I would love to write all about it here, but for the sake of time, if you'd like to learn more about it PLEASE contact me! The program can be done anywhere in the world and for anyone. It involves a free certified health coach and can get you to your goals! I promise!

After the meeting we chatted with friends from Oregon who had flown in for the event, and then headed downtown!

funny face!

To round out the night we hung out at City Creek Mall and Temple Square. We found things we wanted:
Pleeease? My birthday is in 4 days!

 And stuff we didn't:  (even if Nordstrom tells us they're MANdatory. Haha)


The outdoor mall was extra sparkly and Temple Square was extra peaceful on the quiet Friday night.



Matt's dessert:







And it was fun to see the Temple Square horses up close as we drove away!




It was a perfect date night. :)

Saturday was an easy day. After 10am yoga we went to the Rec Center's pool and hung out for a while.





Next we headed out to Erin + John's house for dinner, right across the quad from us. Together we made home made pizzas, and since they even knew how to make crust, and the pizzas were delicious! It was fun spending time with new friends :)


This morning I got up before Matt and was inspired to make banana pancakes for him (a FUTURE father). The plan was to make him breakfast in bed, but the smell of sizzling pancake dough woke him up and brought him into the kitchen :)



I WISH I'd gotten a picture of the framed family wedding picture I sent to my dad earlier this week. Instead, the heart of the gift:




Happy Father's Day :)




Comments

Popular Posts