Out and About
Welcome back!
I'm often asked where to find the best online yoga videos so I thought I'd share my favorite with you this morning. I just did this yoga video and there are lots more on that website, organized by style, level, instructor, etc. The instructor in the yoga video I linked to is the same professor who gave another one of my favorite TED Talks! She is such a cool lady.
A little yoga was a good way to downshift from the week.
Last Sunday after going to the first part of church with our ward, we drove up to Salt Lake for Sacrament meeting with a German-speaking ward!
I'm often asked where to find the best online yoga videos so I thought I'd share my favorite with you this morning. I just did this yoga video and there are lots more on that website, organized by style, level, instructor, etc. The instructor in the yoga video I linked to is the same professor who gave another one of my favorite TED Talks! She is such a cool lady.
A little yoga was a good way to downshift from the week.
Last Sunday after going to the first part of church with our ward, we drove up to Salt Lake for Sacrament meeting with a German-speaking ward!
Matt has wanted to visit one of these wards ever since he served a mission in Germany. I'm glad we went! Everyone was an immigrant from Germany and we heard lots of totally-different-from-my-life stories as we chatted with the members. It was cool because most of the people spoke German and English, so I could follow along. And it was fun to sing along with the German hymns even though I didn't know what we were singing :)
We even sat next to a baby wearing lederhosen!!
He wins the cuteness award for the day.
The work week involved a lot of this:
Me hard at work while 'my assistant' slept on my lap. ;)
We had a mid-week lunch date to get one of the best meals in Provo: Cafe Rio fish tacos :D They're hard to beat and a little addictive!
One of my favorite activities of the week happened on Friday...
Aerial yoga!!! :D
Oh my gosh we had the best time :) Kristina and I took a class taught by our friend Kelsey and had a blast! After the hour-long class we goofed around on the swings and took pictures of ourselves doing impressive-looking poses. :)
It was the COOLEST feeling to do yoga hanging in the air! It's definitely one of those things that's better with friends so everyone can laugh at themselves, so I'm glad I tried it with these girls. I left feeling an inch taller from all that being upside down! The flips were also fun:
Class was at The Lab and I'm excited to go back! (Utah friends, we used a groupon to get our passes and I think it's still available. Let me know and I'll see if I can hook you up!)
Snapshots from the week:
Matt's Student Government picture is still up from when he was BYU's ROTC Representative last semester. Look at that handsome guy. :)
One night we went to a surprise party for a neighbor, along with the rest of our apartment complex:
Friday night date night! We went to this great outdoor mall. I love it because of the year-round Christmas lights and fire lamps :) It always feels special.
They happened to be having a concert!
The band was pretty good so we stuck around. We wandered up to a radio station tent and won a contest they were having!
![]() |
| Coupons for free food! |
Winning is the best. Especially when the prize is food. :)
The whole point of going to the mall to eat at a restaurant I've wanted to try, so eventually we made our way over.
It was SO GOOD :) Everything on the menu looked so delicious that we agreed we need to come back some time and try more. Our sushi rolls were perfect and, as we were waiting to be seated, two girls asked if I would take their picture with a guy standing near us. Turns out he was on the TV show Survivor. Celebrity sighting?
The Happy Sumo was the best new restaurant choice we've made in a while. :)
Next stop was the last half of the BYU mens' volleyball game! The energy and noise in that place were amazing. Apparently over 5,000 people came out to cheer them on - and they won! Go Cougs!!
Next time we're sitting in the student section becuase they were definately having the most fun!
On Saturday night we went on a double date with one of Matt's ROTC friends and his wife. They invited us over for dinner and it was a good time!
Our plans to go to a comedy show all together were canceled when we found out it was sold out. Booo. We took a rain check and called it a night.
Don't be jealous of our back-up plan: a late night WinCo run. There's never a dull moment when Matt's around so we ended up laughing our heads off anyway. :)
Is it just me or do trips to WinCo make anyone else want to try some of EVERYthing too?
Last but not least, a cliff hanger...
Our passports were updated this week for a little trip we're planning!! :)
More on that to come! 'See' you next week :)










Comments
Post a Comment