Job number four!
This week was dominated by work!
While Matt spent the week getting ahead on school work before our upcoming Thanksgiving adventures, I put in about 60 hours of work! Here's why!
While Matt spent the week getting ahead on school work before our upcoming Thanksgiving adventures, I put in about 60 hours of work! Here's why!
In addition to my two regular jobs (account manager at an internet-based worksite wellness company; wellness coordinator at the Rec Center) and teaching 4 yoga classes, I also helped with the grand opening of a private, specialty gym in Provo!
Last week I got a call from the gym's founder, who had found my listing as a personal trainer. He called me up and asked if I'd like to help out at his gym!
Of course I said I'd be happy to, so this week I helped with four of their grand-opening events. I almost felt more like a catering assistant than a personal trainer, but fortunately I love that kind of thing!
The open houses went really well! We had a steady flow of visitors, including local celebrities like the Mayor of Provo and former Miss America, Charlene Wells-Hawkes. I'll begin training with the gym's clients after the Thanksgiving holiday, and am looking forward to putting my certification to even more use!
The gym is designed specifically for adults with joint pain like arthritis, so I think I'll learn quite a bit from this experience. And yes, this will be my fourth job! We'll see how it goes juggling all of them!
Friday night's open house went well into the evening. Matt came to pick me up when it was over, and got a tour of the facilities. He was impressed!
When it was time to go, he told me that he'd planned a surprise date :D I had no idea what to expect, especially when we pulled off the main road onto a little dirt one!
We climbed up a mountain side, until the dirt road turned into a paved parking lot with the most amazing view of Utah County!
Then he brought out a move he'd rented, and set it up on his laptop! We watched it from inside the car with an amazing view as out backdrop :)
It was just what both of us needed after a very full week!
Even though we had full schedules, we still found time for fun :) I went to my favorite run spot in Provo Canyon a few times, and went jogging in the snow!
![]() |
| Bridal Veil Falls :) |
SO beautiful. :) It didn't even feel that cold! It was great until, on Saturday, the gates were closed for the season.
Since the trail goes along the side of the mountain, there is avalanche danger after a certain amount of snow builds up deeper in the valley. See you in spring, Bridal Veil!
On Thursday night, we went to an event for BYU's Student Association, BUYSA, since Matt is their ROTC representative.
Oh man, there was a lot of pizza!
It was a fun way to meet some of Matt's friends from school. :)
And now it's time to buckle down and get ready for our upcoming long weekend away! We'll be meeting up with Matt's family for Thanksgiving - it will be a very different Thanksgiving for me, and I'm excited to see what it brings!
Looking forward to telling you all about it next Sunday :D "See" you then!







Comments
Post a Comment