Matt's home! Sundance + volunteering at the MTC
Best news of the week? MATT'S HOME!
He had an adventure getting back to Utah... the trip looked something like this: Army base in Kosovo —> airport in Albania —> Istanbul airport for a VERY long layover! —> NYC overnight —> Charlotte, North Carolina —> Louiville —> Fort Knox Army Base overnight —> Louisville —> Denver, Co. —> HOME! Phew!
It has been SO, SO GOOD to be together again! Five weeks is a long time for newlyweds to be apart!
We've had a lot of fun, but first let's back up to the start of the week. :)
Last Sunday night Bethany and I decided to go on a spur-of-the-moment trip up to Sundance Resort and drive the Alpine Loop!
Sundance Resort is famous for the yearly Sundance Film Festival, skiing (and the moonlight ski lift rides in summer), and because it was opened by Robert Redford. It's only 20 minutes from Provo, up in the moutains, and made for a great afternoon getaway.
It was great to get out of the city for a while, breathe fresh air, and take in Utahn scenery. I recommend this drive, ESPECIALLY in mid September to November, when all the fall colors are out. It's the best!
After a lovely night it was back to work on Monday. Check out this poster they put in the senior fitness room!
As part of my new job, I get to work out with gym members who are 65 years old and older, twice a week in a special senior wellness room at the gym. It's really fun!
Tuesday after work was a trip to Salt Lake with Bethany to pick out a perfect bridesmaid dress (we'll both be in the same wedding next month)! Her roommate came, too, which was fun!
We're saving the dress so it's more special at the wedding, but I can promise that it's gorgeous!
We also found THIS jacket, haha. Check out that ruffle! It was supposed to be a workout jacket, but I feel like it would give some serious drag on a run! Sadly it didn't come home with us. Haha.
Wednesday was another big work day, but after an evening meeting I FINALLY got to go get MATT from the airport!! Aah! :D
It was SO good to be together again and I'm sure we made a scene when he spun me around in his arms, me in a dress, right there at Passenger Pickup!
It's so much fun being married. :) The next morning when I got back from teaching yoga, THIS is what I found in our living room! :)
Our new camping gear, all set up! Never a dull moment at the Neuffer household. Ha :) All the equipment got his Eagle Scout approval. :)
That night after work we went on our first married-date in over a month. :) We went to the Dollar Theatre to see Man of Steel! Matt had been wanting to see it for ages. I liked the take-home message of using your life for the best possible purposes.
When we were coming out of the theatre it was pouring rain and there was thunder and lightning! We loved it! It's supposed to be the norm for a while - a WONDERFUL break from 95+ degree weather!
On Friday Matt started back at his summer job. After we both finished work that evening, we did something new: volunteering at the MTC!
The MTC (Missionary Training Center) has been FLOODED with new missionaries since the missionary age was lowered about a year ago. The church has had to build new MTCs around the world and buy parts of apartment complexes in Provo to accomodate all the new missionaries! It's such a beautiful thing!
That increase in missonaries also means there's more need for volunteers, so we decided to go for it!
We volunteered in the Teaching Resource Center, or TRC. What we did was basically pretend that we're non church members meeting with the missionaries to learn about our religion. It's great practice for the missionaries, and fun for us! Click HERE to learn about the MTC / volunteering there.
It was fun to finally see the inside of the MTC. I even got to take a picture by THE MAP!! I am STILL so stoked about this! Haha!
Anyway we really enjoyed serving in the MTC look forward to going back. They need lots of volunteers!
On Saturday we both actually worked a half day. I prepped wellness class outlines for a couple hours, and then taught the FULLEST yoga class ever. Really. In addition to my regular students, a boarding school class of 30 14-year-old girls came. There was NO room for extra people and we ran out of mats. :D So cool!!
NEXT WEEKEND we have some exciting plans, so the blog will be up a little later than usual. It'll be up Sunday night or Monday morning. It's coming!
Hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. :)
He had an adventure getting back to Utah... the trip looked something like this: Army base in Kosovo —> airport in Albania —> Istanbul airport for a VERY long layover! —> NYC overnight —> Charlotte, North Carolina —> Louiville —> Fort Knox Army Base overnight —> Louisville —> Denver, Co. —> HOME! Phew!
It has been SO, SO GOOD to be together again! Five weeks is a long time for newlyweds to be apart!
We've had a lot of fun, but first let's back up to the start of the week. :)
Last Sunday night Bethany and I decided to go on a spur-of-the-moment trip up to Sundance Resort and drive the Alpine Loop!
| Sundance Resort |
![]() |
| The beautiful Alpine Loop |
Sundance Resort is famous for the yearly Sundance Film Festival, skiing (and the moonlight ski lift rides in summer), and because it was opened by Robert Redford. It's only 20 minutes from Provo, up in the moutains, and made for a great afternoon getaway.
| Good thing Bethany wore her hiking shoes. ;) (it was a last-minute trip - no time to change shoes!) |
It was great to get out of the city for a while, breathe fresh air, and take in Utahn scenery. I recommend this drive, ESPECIALLY in mid September to November, when all the fall colors are out. It's the best!
After a lovely night it was back to work on Monday. Check out this poster they put in the senior fitness room!
As part of my new job, I get to work out with gym members who are 65 years old and older, twice a week in a special senior wellness room at the gym. It's really fun!
Tuesday after work was a trip to Salt Lake with Bethany to pick out a perfect bridesmaid dress (we'll both be in the same wedding next month)! Her roommate came, too, which was fun!
We're saving the dress so it's more special at the wedding, but I can promise that it's gorgeous!
We also found THIS jacket, haha. Check out that ruffle! It was supposed to be a workout jacket, but I feel like it would give some serious drag on a run! Sadly it didn't come home with us. Haha.
Wednesday was another big work day, but after an evening meeting I FINALLY got to go get MATT from the airport!! Aah! :D
It was SO good to be together again and I'm sure we made a scene when he spun me around in his arms, me in a dress, right there at Passenger Pickup!
It's so much fun being married. :) The next morning when I got back from teaching yoga, THIS is what I found in our living room! :)
| (Matt had been working out, which explains the man tank! Haha) |
That night after work we went on our first married-date in over a month. :) We went to the Dollar Theatre to see Man of Steel! Matt had been wanting to see it for ages. I liked the take-home message of using your life for the best possible purposes.
When we were coming out of the theatre it was pouring rain and there was thunder and lightning! We loved it! It's supposed to be the norm for a while - a WONDERFUL break from 95+ degree weather!
On Friday Matt started back at his summer job. After we both finished work that evening, we did something new: volunteering at the MTC!
The MTC (Missionary Training Center) has been FLOODED with new missionaries since the missionary age was lowered about a year ago. The church has had to build new MTCs around the world and buy parts of apartment complexes in Provo to accomodate all the new missionaries! It's such a beautiful thing!
That increase in missonaries also means there's more need for volunteers, so we decided to go for it!
We volunteered in the Teaching Resource Center, or TRC. What we did was basically pretend that we're non church members meeting with the missionaries to learn about our religion. It's great practice for the missionaries, and fun for us! Click HERE to learn about the MTC / volunteering there.
It was fun to finally see the inside of the MTC. I even got to take a picture by THE MAP!! I am STILL so stoked about this! Haha!
Basically every missionary who goes through the MTC takes a pic by this map, pointing to where they'll serve. I've seen this map in like a milion friends' pictures!
For example, here's Matt's picture from when he was in the MTC as a missionary, FOUR years ago!
Pretty cute, huh? :)
On Saturday we both actually worked a half day. I prepped wellness class outlines for a couple hours, and then taught the FULLEST yoga class ever. Really. In addition to my regular students, a boarding school class of 30 14-year-old girls came. There was NO room for extra people and we ran out of mats. :D So cool!!
That afternoon we went to a session at the Provo temple.
| Our view coming out |
Then we headed to a staff party at the Rec Center. It was fun to introduce Matt to my coworkers and meet their spouses, too!
And after a long week, it's Sunday again. :) Time to relax.
Hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. :)











Comments
Post a Comment