NEW JOB, Kosovo, Pioneer Day + puppies!
Hey friends, welcome back!
I hope you had a great week :)
So much has been going on that it feels like last weekend was a month ago. I'm excited to fill you in on last week's 'cliff hanger' - my NEW job!
Earlier this month I interviewed for a position at the Rec Center where I teach yoga. Just over a week ago I was told I'd gotten the job! I'm now Provo's Senior Wellness Programmer, and could not be more excited about it! :)
In addition to the job that I've had, which is work-from-home and super flexible, I'll get to teach wellness classes, instruct fitness classes, and organize programming for the Rec Center. I'll also continue teaching yoga there like I have been.
In addition to all of this, I was asked if I would take a Pilates training course and start teaching there too! Of course I would LOVE to, so that's on schedule to happen over the next few months! I have a feeling the Rec Center is about to be my second home!
I know we are very blessed and am so grateful for each of these opportunities to serve and grow.
Matt has also been hard at work - for the last several days he's been in KOSOVO! In case you're like me and didn't know where that is, it's in Eurpoe, a few countries north of Greece. :) He's on a one-month training deployment and says the trip so far is "amazing"!
He's doing service and international relations with Kosavar soldiers and I can't wait to see pictures! We get to Skype alomost every day so it hasn't been bad. I'm glad I get to support him in doing something so meaningful and important!
And, in a situation of perfect timing, BETHANY moves to Provo tomorrow! She'll stay at my place for the rest of the time that Matt's away. :D It's a win-win becuase while I get Bethany for a few weeks, she gets a place to 'crash' while she finalizes plans for school, work, and an apartment. It's perfect and I can't wait to see her!
With the biggest news out the way, we can move on to the rest of the week! Here are some of the fun things I did between work, teaching, trainings, etc this week:
I got a big hair cut! It's shorter that it has been in a while, with more defined layers. I'm happy with how it turned out! :)
I hope you had a great week :)
So much has been going on that it feels like last weekend was a month ago. I'm excited to fill you in on last week's 'cliff hanger' - my NEW job!
Earlier this month I interviewed for a position at the Rec Center where I teach yoga. Just over a week ago I was told I'd gotten the job! I'm now Provo's Senior Wellness Programmer, and could not be more excited about it! :)
In addition to the job that I've had, which is work-from-home and super flexible, I'll get to teach wellness classes, instruct fitness classes, and organize programming for the Rec Center. I'll also continue teaching yoga there like I have been.
In addition to all of this, I was asked if I would take a Pilates training course and start teaching there too! Of course I would LOVE to, so that's on schedule to happen over the next few months! I have a feeling the Rec Center is about to be my second home!
I know we are very blessed and am so grateful for each of these opportunities to serve and grow.
Matt has also been hard at work - for the last several days he's been in KOSOVO! In case you're like me and didn't know where that is, it's in Eurpoe, a few countries north of Greece. :) He's on a one-month training deployment and says the trip so far is "amazing"!
He's doing service and international relations with Kosavar soldiers and I can't wait to see pictures! We get to Skype alomost every day so it hasn't been bad. I'm glad I get to support him in doing something so meaningful and important!
And, in a situation of perfect timing, BETHANY moves to Provo tomorrow! She'll stay at my place for the rest of the time that Matt's away. :D It's a win-win becuase while I get Bethany for a few weeks, she gets a place to 'crash' while she finalizes plans for school, work, and an apartment. It's perfect and I can't wait to see her!
![]() |
| Love this pic of us from college - and I'm looking forward to seeing Dar + Steph in September! |
I got a big hair cut! It's shorter that it has been in a while, with more defined layers. I'm happy with how it turned out! :)
While runing errands I came across PUPPIES for sale! Their owners had them out in a grassy patch at a shopping mall, and people were stopping to play with them! Of course I did, too. :)
![]() |
| selfie with the puppy! :D |
![]() |
| This one looked like it had rigor mortis, ha! But it was really smelling the air :) |
So that pretty much made my week. :)
It was a blast! The run started at the Provo Temple and ended at the construction site of the soon-to-be Provo City Center temple.
Over 5,000 people showed up to run - it was a big party!
It was so fun! The crowd and the energy helped me PR for a 5k, so I was really happy with my time. :)
After that I had work to catch up on for a few hours. Until... the sink emergency.
I came home from a couple hours at the Rec Center to find a nasty situation in our kitchen sink. I'm usually a stickler about having a clean kitchen, so this was no good!
In the end, it involved a plumber bieng over here for SEVERAL hours and, at one point, him haivng to leave and come back "with some heavier equipment."
Turns out our neighbor's dispose-all was overflowing into ours. Eew. But not our fault. ;)
Later in the week I went to the temple like usual. This time was Draper since Provo is still closed. Going without Matt for the first time was weird, but fine once I got inside. I love the temple!
I also finished skimming through Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography this week. It's a super interesting book!
Now I'm getting ready for ward choir practice + church. Then I'll be setting up for Bethany to be here!
Have a great week, friends. Talk to you soon! :)
Wednesday was Pioneer Day! For those who don't know, Pioneer Day is a state holiday in Utah, meaning most people get the day off work. It's to celebrate the pioneers who trecked across the west to settle Utah! It's a BIG deal around here - fireworks, parties, etc.
In the morning I got to run a 5k with friends, called the Temple to Temple run!It was a blast! The run started at the Provo Temple and ended at the construction site of the soon-to-be Provo City Center temple.
Over 5,000 people showed up to run - it was a big party!
| People all the way down the street. It looked like that in both directions! |
![]() |
| Kristina taking pics as we ran. Running and photography pretty much sum this girl up! :) |
![]() |
| Reppin' my Beavs! :) |
![]() |
| At the finish line in front of the temple site! |
After that I had work to catch up on for a few hours. Until... the sink emergency.
I came home from a couple hours at the Rec Center to find a nasty situation in our kitchen sink. I'm usually a stickler about having a clean kitchen, so this was no good!
In the end, it involved a plumber bieng over here for SEVERAL hours and, at one point, him haivng to leave and come back "with some heavier equipment."
Turns out our neighbor's dispose-all was overflowing into ours. Eew. But not our fault. ;)
Later in the week I went to the temple like usual. This time was Draper since Provo is still closed. Going without Matt for the first time was weird, but fine once I got inside. I love the temple!
Then a quick trip to the Farmer's Market:
Now I'm getting ready for ward choir practice + church. Then I'll be setting up for Bethany to be here!
Have a great week, friends. Talk to you soon! :)
![]() |
| another puppy pic because I can't get enough. :) |
















Comments
Post a Comment