Days at Home with Luke and Elise

 With Lydia at Kindergarten 9:30 - 4:30, it's just me, Luke and Elise most of the day! 

Elise at 7 months old, Luke 2.5 years

This spring our routine has usually looked like...

  • Matt gets up to do PT at 5:30
  • My alarm goes off at 6:00
  • Luke is up by 6:30 most days and hangs out with me while I get breakfasts ready and Lyd's school lunch packed, empty the dish washer, etc.
  • Lydia and Elise get up around 7:00 
  • The rigamarole of getting Lydia to eat breakfast and put on clothes. Somehow this takes a full hour?
  • Drop off Lydia at the bus stop for her 8:53 pickup. There are a bunch of other kids and parents hanging out waiting if it's a nice day
  • I chat with the moms for a few minutes after the bus pulls out and it's a little quieter
  • 3 mornings per week Luke, Elise and I go to the gym. They go to the Kid Zone and I do a workout class with Erin or walk on the treadmill if I need to catch up on work and life on my phone.
  • Friday mornings are toddler play group at a park with friends from the ward
  • Home and naps / a shower and quiet time for me
  • Eliza, our wonderful babysitter, comes over two afternoons per week. This is when I work and catch up on life some more.
  • If it's not an Eliza day, we run errands or have a quiet afternoon
  • 4:00 head back to the bus stop to get Lydia
  • Play time until Dad gets home - in the back yard or around the house. Maybe showers / baths. Maybe a TV show.
  • Matt comes home from Ft. Lee around 7, we try to squeeze in a sit-down dinner and get the kids ready for bed by 7:45
  • I do some more work and other tasks
  • We try to go to bed by 10:30
  • Phew!






Poking his poor baby sister

Apologizing and kissing it better







Sticking out the sun roof at drop off



Comments

Popular Posts