WELCOME BABY ELISE!
She's here and she's perfect. 💗
Elise Virginia Neuffer was born fast and furious on July 14 at 11:04pm, weighing 6lbs 11oz, 18in long, and completely adorable.
Absolutely nothing went according to plan! She surprised us all by coming 9 days early, and her delivery was FAST - so fast that I didn't have time to get an epidural!! I had been having contractions off and on all day, and when Matt came home from work around 7:30 I drove myself to the hospital to be checked. They said, 'you're in labor and this baby is coming any minute!' Two hours later, Elise was here!
Fortunately, our rockstar babysitter Maddie was able to come over within 20 minutes and spend the night, and Matt raced over to the hospital. He was there in time for everything!
During the whole pregnancy we'd planned on doing an induction the following Monday, after Mom got here to stay with the kids. I'd been really hoping it would work out that way! Not having an epidural AND not having Mom here yet was basically my worst fear, ha! But everything worked out, and everyone is healthy and happy, and that's all that matters! I called her from the hospital and said "how soon can you get here??" She couldn't get an earlier cross-country flight and arrived as planned the next afternoon. Matt and the kids picked her up at the airport and came straight to the hospital! We had Chipotle for dinner in the hospital room, which Zac and Whitney ordered and had delivered to us. (So sweet!!)
The kids were soo excited to meet their baby sister and have Grandma there, too! The covid restrictions on visitors had just been lifted a few weeks before - we were grateful they could come see her and not have to wait until we got home! I actually love staying in the hospital after my babies are born - it's so nice to have the nurses there to help, all your meals delivered, all the supplies you need handed to you, being able to sleep undisturbed and just hang with Baby.
![]() |
| Nurse giving Elise her first bath |
![]() |
| My girls |
Elise and I spent two nights at the hospital. The final morning Matt and Mom took the kids on a big walk around Woodlake and then Matt came to take me and Baby Girl home. Newborns always look so so tiny in the car seat!!
Welcome to the world, Elise Virginia. We couldn't be more thrilled that you're ours.




























Comments
Post a Comment