Luke at 10 Months
Luke is 10 months old! He's progressed so much in the last month. Here's what he's up to these days...
- He's almost walking!! He's taken a couple steps on his own already, and has even tried walking away from cruising along furniture! He loves holding onto ONE of my hands (not both! He always pulls one hand away) and walking around the house. Practicing walking is his favorite thing to do right now.
- He is weaned!! I'm really grateful he could nurse for 10 months because I think it's the healthiest food for babies... but I don't miss it. Nursing him was really hard on me. He ate SO MUCH and refused a bottle up until recently, so I was constantly dehydrated and hungry. At one point I was drinking 8, 20oz bottles of PowerAde a day and still barely able to keep up enough supply. Next time I'll need to do things differently because it wasn't healthy for either of us. We finally got him weaned about 2 weeks ago and now he loves his bottle and formula! It's his favorite food by far, and he goes through an entire tub of formula in just 4 days. Here he is after draining the 8-oz bottle in my lap and passing out. :)
- He said his first word: Mama!! It was SO CUTE. He crawled onto my lap, said "Mama!" and gave me a hug! As I said on Instagram, I feel like my life peaked right then, haha! I don't know how it could ever get sweeter.
- He sleeps through the night! ...most nights.
- He gives the best hugs - and only to me. Ha. I don't have a good picture, but a few times a day when I pick him up (and usually when I get him from a nap) he'll put his chubby arms around my beck and give a good squeeze. Matt wishes Luke would hug him too, and I think he will soon! It's the sweetest.
- He's gotten so hefty!! He's so much bigger than Lydia was and needs SO much food. We joke that he's already eating us out of house and home.
- He still loves being outside. Last week we went to a pretty garden center near our house after preschool drop off, and he loved looking around, crawling, pulling up to standing on everything, and putting rocks in his mouth. This goat gave him a good scare.
- He experienced his first thunder storm and wasn't so sure about it. We've had summer thunder storms almost every afternoon during the last couple weeks, and this weekend we had a major rainstorm with flash flooding! The far end of our yard and some nearby roads flooded for a while. I actually love how cozy the rainstorms are, but it hasn't made it any cooler! It's still SO HOT AND HUMID every day. Luke is always sweaty.
- He and Lydia don't pay a ton of attention to each other yet, but they usually get along (except for when she snatches toys away from him). She makes him laugh every day.
- He went to the beach for the first time! We went to Yorktown Beach as a family a couple weekends ago (about an hour from our house) and he loved sitting in the waves. It was extremely hot - I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life - so even though it was fun I don't think we'll be back until it's a little cooler! Lydia had a great time and made friends with some other little girls, and played in the waves and sand with them.
We love our chubby, easygoing Luke! It's hard to believe he's almost a year old. It's so fun watching him grow up!














Comments
Post a Comment