November & December 2019



I forgot to include Halloween night in the October update - Matt had just gone back to Korea three days before so Mom and Sarah took Lyd out trick or treating in a big fancy neighborhood in WC and they had lots of fun! (Just don't ask Lydia about the giant inflatable cats.)



Lydia the bunny got an (Easter) basket full of candy, while Dad read books to Luke in his Baby Shark sweater from Sarah (he fell asleep right away). I stayed home too because... newborn!


Here's what preschool drop off looks like these days! Ms Katherine, Lyd's teacher, got this picture of us. If I look exhausted... it's because I was!


Lydia still loves going to preschool every morning for 3 hours!





Thanksgiving

Lydia, Luke and I spent Thanksgiving with my parents. It was a quiet day which was so nice. But it was a different kind of Thanksgiving because we were grieving the loss of Uncle George who passed away just a few days before. Mom showed Lydia how to build a fire and cook Thanksgiving food, and we had a great dinner. 

Sometimes simple is best, especially when you're trying to process hard things.





Christmastime 

I wrote about actual Christmas week HERE. Here's what we did leading up to the big day.

Matt earned the Army Achievement Medal for organizing, getting funding for, and managing the Army Brigade Christmas Ball in Seoul, South Korea. It was a ton of work over the last few months and his diligence paid off. Someone said it was the best ball they'd ever attended! We're all proud if him!





Meanwhile, I sent our Christmas cards the day after Thanksgiving as usual.





Lydia's class put on a Christmas performance where she sang with the other kiddos, and they all gave their parents little gifts. :) 




On the last day before Christmas break, her class had pajama day, which she thought was really exciting!


There was lots of shopping and shipping going to do...



and a few parties to go to.


Sarah and Lydia helped my mom and dad pick out and put up the Christmas tree at M&D's house.



Lydia's two headbands and mini tree :)

Dad continued to drive Lydia to school a couple days per week - so, so helpful with a newborn at home! 


He also came over sometimes in the evening to read stories to both kids, and hold Luke while I bathed Lydia, got her into bed, and quickly tidied up the house.



December was Lydia's very last month of nursery! She has had the absolute best time there with great friends and teachers! She also loves getting candy from the bishop's office after church every week with ALL the kids. :) 



Sarah gave me an @eholmes hatband for an early Christmas gift and I love it. :)


And Heidi sent the most incredible pictures of Barkley from their runs in Utah. They're so amazing that I already had one printed and framed!






Comments

Popular Posts