Early Winter in Alaska!




Early winter in Alaska deserves a post of its own. The bright sun on fresh snow, flocked evergreen trees, fluffy clouds, blue sky and golden sunrises have been so beautiful that it would be easy to take pictures all day. I've taken a few while out and about - I wish my iPhone could do it justice!

Candy cane light posts




It's especially nice because it's not too cold yet...


Alaska is a land of extremes. Dramatic changes in temperature and light make the seasons completely different from each other. It's like living in a few different places at once because it all changes so much! There are days it's freezing cold and dark and I resent the fact that I can't take Lydia on a walk. But then there are days like today, when we could be outside all day if we wanted (with the right clothes), when it's so beautiful that I can't stop taking pictures!


My view from the drive through

The other day we had a quiet morning at home watching the snowy sunrise. These pictures of Lydia hugging Barkley might be my favorite, ever. And like I said on Instagram, it's not too early for Christmas lights, is it?




Hugging her dog, with he DOG book nearby.
Can you tell this girl loves dogs?



This weekend we're going skiing and I can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts