Finding out the gender + other exciting things
The BEST thing about life right now is that EVERYthing feels new and fresh. :) I guess that's what happens when you change 90% of your life situation within a 10-month period!
The most exciting update: We found out we're havng a GIRL and are so happy!
Matt was away at a 10-day training in rural Alaska when I found out (including sleeping outside in freezing cold and snow shoeing expeditions). Since he didn't have consistent cell reception, after the ultrasound I texted him and he called me back when he could.
It was somewhat anticlimactic after seeing extravagent 'gender reveals' on Facebook, Pinterest, and the blogosphere for years, but that's Army life! :)
This is what his training camp looked like. Alaska is stunning!
We're both excited and can finally start 'real' planning/shopping! But I'm committed to being smart about purchases - there are SO MANY creative alternatives to buying expensive baby gear.
Heidi posted a cute announcement on her family's Facebook page which made me even more excited! :) I love seeing other peoples' enthusiasm - it's contagious!
The most exciting update: We found out we're havng a GIRL and are so happy!
It was somewhat anticlimactic after seeing extravagent 'gender reveals' on Facebook, Pinterest, and the blogosphere for years, but that's Army life! :)
This is what his training camp looked like. Alaska is stunning!
Heidi posted a cute announcement on her family's Facebook page which made me even more excited! :) I love seeing other peoples' enthusiasm - it's contagious!
Another exciting thing?
I thought I'd have to stop teaching yoga, but a friend suggested I teach 'mommy and me' classes - as Elle Woods would say, "it's a completely brilliant plan!" I've reached out to several gyms/studios to find the right match - it's in the works!
![]() |
| with some of my fav yoga students last year! |
I'm REALLY looking forward to specialzing and taking my yoga instructing to a new level, rather than drawing back or stopping completely once the baby arrives. Horray for creative alternatives!
Also, I've finally realized treadmill running is the worst and have taken my workouts outside, despite the cold. It's not bad if you're prepared!
![]() |
| Wearing LOTS of layers! |






Comments
Post a Comment