Sept and some of Oct 2014 :)
Welcome back :) After I stopped posting this blog on Fb views dropped by 90%. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this! But just in case… here's what we've been up to over the last month + when we're not working or doing stuff for school!
I signed up to run a half marathon that's right before Halloween and everyone wears costumes. Here were my top two choices...
A super formal poll on Instagram indicated that the pineapple one is the way to go, so that's what I'll be wearing in ~2 weeks when I run! Barkley wishes he could run, too. He would wear his Sharkley costume of course, haha.
BYU got a new president and look how many students came to his inaguration!
It was POURING RAIN that day so everyone came in dripping wet, but there were still enough people to fill the Marriott Center. Pretty awesome! You have to hand it to BYU students for their dedication.
The first home football game of the seaseon —> so fun! The CEO of WellSteps bought tickets for me and a coworker (Kristina!) so we went together. We loved it!! Each of our husbands were busy that night so it worked out. (Matt was actually at the game too doing ROTC security and 9/11 stuff).
We got to be part of this cool card trick:
Here's what it looked like from our perspective:
Training for a half marathon in the fall = you need gloves. I bought these necessities and it made me feel really festive :)
BTW the 'basic gloves' at target now all have finger tips that work on touch screens.
On September 12 Matt turned 25!!! All he wanted to do to celebrate was eat spicy chicken wings, so eat chicken wings we did!
Another day was the Miss America Pagent!!! I have secretly been following Miss A since 2012 becuase I think it's a really amazing program. This time, a girl from my HS cheerleading team was competing, and she won!! It was exciting :) Since we don't have a TV and the pagent didn't air online, we went onto campus to watch in an empty classroom. Matt was a good sport about the whole thing. ;)
Since we've both been preoccuiped with work/school, Barkley sometimes gets less attention than he would like. He makes sure we know when he wants attention.
One time he got attention by tipping over the trash can while we were gone. But coming home to this was SO CUTE AND FUNNY! We couldn't get mad at him and I was trying not to laugh as I took this picture. Look at that cute face!!!
He goes running with me almost every day.
We have all been really, really enjoying the cooler weather.
We've been celebrating with lots of batches of pumpkin choco chip cookies :D
| Haha, this isn't a photoshop background - I'm in front of our curtain |
The last weekend of September we went to OREGON!
| PDX carpet |
The concert was at U of O. Campus was a lot prettier than I like to admit ;)
After the show we all went to Voodoo Donut in Eugene :)
So good to catch up with these ladies!
Next: Corvallis Saturday Market with Heidi, Mike, and Daniel!
Later that afternoon we all went up to see Jenica at her new college! We hung around the adorable little town and had dinner at a resurant on the rooftop of a hotel with an AMAZING view :)
Church the next morning where we saw some more friends… and then it was time to go :(
Goodbye, Oregon.
Someone was happy to see us when we got back though :) (Barkley stayed with friends of ours). Or maybe he was just happy about the pig ear treat we brought back for him ...
While we were gone it turned almost-winter here in Utah (chilly mornings, snow on the mountains). We like it :)
Last weekend was General Conference again! :) GC is so, so good.
For the first time since I moved to Utah we didn't go see any of the sessions live in Salt Lake. Instead, we watched them all from home and got to hang out with Erika for most of the weekend!! She JUST got back from her mission in Central America and flew in from Portland to watch Conference with friends! It was so good to have her stay with us :) I've missed her.
We watched all the sessions from home which was a nice change. Barkely was glad we didn't leave him and go to SLC :)
After the last session on Sunday we had a big dinner and put him on the patio so he wouldn't bug us….
Then we took Erika on a ride to see the two local temples that are under construction: Provo City Center and Payson! Both should open next year. :)
It was sad to say goodbye when she went back to Oregon! Just like that, we all went back to our daily lives after a lovely weekend.
Side story: Matt came home this dog food one day - -
"Old Yeller" Disney-brand dog food. Can you believe that?? I had no idea Disney was in the dog food business.
Barkley's "are you serious" face
Seeya next time!
















Comments
Post a Comment