We got a dog! + Caroling with llamas

We got a dog! :)



After working to get permission from our apartment, last week we finally got cleared to get a dog!! After that, it didn't take us long to find the perfect pet. Barkley is calm, happy, trained, and house broken! He is also a great running partner for me :) We love him!


So obviously most of our week was filled with playing with Barkley!

When I worked, he sat at my feet - or with his head on my lap - and kept me company. :) 

Please pet me!

I had a lot of work to get ahead on before we leave for Christmas next week. And on top of that, Matt has finals next week, so he spent every day prepping, studying, and writing papers. 

As usual, I taught yoga three times this week, and water aerobics twice. Lots of fun! I also got to help out with MORE video shooting for my worksite wellness job :D It is one of my favorite parts of the job!!

Green screen!
I love being in front of the camera, so when my coworkers and I heard that they needed more people to film for health campaign videos, I was enthusiastic about helping out again. I'll share the videos with you guys when they're done. :)

My part was to discuss how to help people engage in health programs, which I loved! We did all the filming at our CEO's adorable house near Provo.

Then we went back to his house a second time for the company Christmas party! Since we all work from home and only see each other about once a month, it was fun to all get together and chat, have dinner, and play a gift exchange game. :) 

When Friday night came and Matt finished a big paper, we got to kick back by doing something I've been looking forward to since Christmas last year: Carollama!


Yes, we went caroling with llamas!

Carollama is a local organization that gets groups together to go door-to-door caroling with LLAMAS. The purpose is to gather donations of canned food from the people we serenade. It was, by far, the silliest date night we've ever had!

Me and my llama, named Jaredeth.

We were put into a group with several other BYU students, and it turned out that I knew one of them! Our group walked up and down neighborhood streets, knocking on doors and singing Christmas carols. I even got to walk the llama for a while! (which was scary - I thought for sure they would spit, but fortunately I didn't see any do that.)

Check this out: llamas on the door step!!

Merry Christmas!


Can you imagine opening your front door to that? It was SO hilarious! :D And I loved that it was all for a good cause, too. It's a date night that will go down in history. :)

Llama.
On Saturday Matt studied all day and I taught yoga and went on a long run with Barkley. Then we went to our ward's Christmas party!

We went expecting it to be a small get-together, but it turned out to be a full-blown dinner! Don't you love surprises like that?



It was really nice to hang out with our friends and neighbors and meet new people in our ward. I don't think I've ever regretted going to a ward event like this - they're always good! This one even had a photo booth. Haha :)


TONIGHT we get to have dinner with Matt's brother Zac, and Zac's NEW FIANCE, Whitney!! 

They got engaged this weekend and we are so happy for them! We're excited to have them over and talk about about their plans :) It's so great to live near family members!

Other updates from the week:

My wonderful husband surprised me with a tiny Christmas tree when I thought we wouldn't get one:)



My family's Christmas card arrived and it's perfect:



The new Provo City Center Temple is coming along!


And Barkley likes to help me take out the recycling. :)




That's it on this end! Have a happy Sunday, everyone! :)

Comments

Popular Posts