FTX, health fair, post-wedding pics, Cornbelly's, etc!
Hello hello! Is it seriously Sunday already? Where did the week go??
Maybe time flew by because we were having fun :)
Let's start this week's recap way back at last Sunday night.
Matt's brother, cousin, and cousin's girlfriend all came to our place to hang out and eat home made apple pie. It was so much fun! We're lucky to have such fun family memebrs living nearby. :) Just wish we'd gotten a pic together!
HERE's the pie recipe I made :) I loved how easy it was, and definately plan on making it again!
Our get-together was the perfect way to end the weekend. When the alarm went off on Monday morning, it seemed to come way too soon!
While Matt headed out for PT, I squeezed in a trip to the temple. Here's how it looked when I got there:
We walked up just as a race was starting. With a large crowd watching, four piglets at a time were sent running around a course, complete with logs for them to jump over! You can see them running past in the pic below - they were so fast that they look blurry! They looked like little naked puppies :) :) I had no idea baby pigs were so cute!
Maybe time flew by because we were having fun :)
Let's start this week's recap way back at last Sunday night.
Matt's brother, cousin, and cousin's girlfriend all came to our place to hang out and eat home made apple pie. It was so much fun! We're lucky to have such fun family memebrs living nearby. :) Just wish we'd gotten a pic together!
HERE's the pie recipe I made :) I loved how easy it was, and definately plan on making it again!
Our get-together was the perfect way to end the weekend. When the alarm went off on Monday morning, it seemed to come way too soon!
While Matt headed out for PT, I squeezed in a trip to the temple. Here's how it looked when I got there:
And how it looked on the way out:
From there you can see Provo in all of it's autumney glory :) If you look really hard you can see the BYU football stadium down there somewhere.
Then it was off to work/school!
Remember how last week all those video shoots were happening for my work? Well, we had a few more to do on Monday! We finished up filming at the Rec Center by having a camera guy come film me teaching senior water aerobics, and then I did an intro and closer for the senior wellness program ad. It's such a crazy considence that all these videos were being filmed at the same time - it's the first time I've done something like this!
The Rec Center video is already done. You can watch it HERE!
The health campaign videos (from last week) are still being edited.
The rest of the work week was pretty routine, EXCEPT for Thursday. After weeks of preparation, the Rec Center hosted a senior health fair!
Above is me manning a booth for our wellness programs for patrons 60 years old and older. We got a lot of attention and handed out more info than expected! I think our programs will become even more popular because of this exposure! :)
As a 'draw' for visitors to come to our table, I put together a basket of wellness-themed goodies! We gave away things like hand sanitizer, lip balm w sunscreen, travel-sized mouth wash, and nutrition bars. Before anyone could take a prize, they had to spin the wheel and answer the question that the tab landed on, like in Wheel of Fortune. The game was a hit, and the basket was drained twice before the event was half way over :)
At lunchtime, hula dancers entertained the crowd. I overheard that there were about 500 visitors at the event! :)
After wrapping up the event at the Rec Center, I hurried home to get ready for the next activity - an employee party for my worksite wellness job!
Every few months we'll all get together, since we work from home and rarely get to see eachother face to face. This time, we met at a corn maze and pumpkin fest called Cornbelly's!
The picture above is just a few of us, and spouses :) We all met up just as the sun was starting to set, and chatted for a while before going on a hay ride!
Although the festival was mostly set up for kids, there were several things adults could enjoy as well, like this ride. Our hay wagon was pulled by a John Deere tractor and took us through corn fields on the edge of the festival. The view was especially pretty with the tall mountains and full moon in the back ground. The ride was a fun way to spend time with my co workers!
Next we met up with a few more employees for s'mores. We even had our own fire pit! :)
After eating and enjoying each others' company, the rest of the group headed out to take care of babies and/or puppies at home. Since Matt and I don't have any of those, we decided to stay longer and go through the corn maze!
Don't you love their corn mascot? :)
The maze was in the shape of the University of Utah v. BYU rivalry logo (last year the shape was Obama v. Romney!), and was huge!
Fortunately we got clues and there were check points along the way. There were also "bridges" that you could walk up to see over the corn, which helped a lot!
Although we only made it part way through before turning around (the whole maze would have taken over an hour to complete) it was still a great 'date night' activity. Before leaving for the night, we also got to see the most surprizingly cute thing - piglet races!!!
We walked up just as a race was starting. With a large crowd watching, four piglets at a time were sent running around a course, complete with logs for them to jump over! You can see them running past in the pic below - they were so fast that they look blurry! They looked like little naked puppies :) :) I had no idea baby pigs were so cute!
We had a great time at the festival and recommend it to anyone in the Provo / SLC area. I think it goes until after Halloween! :)
It was a good thing Matt and I got quality time in while we could, because on Friday he started Field Training Exercise, or FTX.
FTX is an ROTC training that happens once per semester. Usually all the cadets go up to Camp Williams by SLC for three nights, but becuase of the recent government shutdown they stayed local and he got to come home at night. Horray! :D
However, he was still away for most of the day on Friday and Saturday.
After having a quiet evening at home on Friday (much-needed!), I met up with Bethany after teaching yoga on Saturday. We had some shopping to do!
We started our shopping adventure down in Springville. It didn't take me long to find something I had to take home. ;)
B helped me decide on this adorable Nike running sweater, complete with a tall collar, bow, and thumb holes! We got it for a fraction of the retail price at The Wandering Wardrobe, a cute consignment store! I love a good second-hand store for situations just like this. :) I'm glad we finally found one in Utah! (Corvallis friends, it still doesn't beat Second Glance though... :)
Here's the bow which you can't see in the previous pic. It cinches down the collar :)
Yay! :)
Next we headed to the mall for more retail therapy and winter clothes.
| Fireplace at a lounge area in the mall |
I felt like a high schooler again :)
It was so good to spend time with Bethany. By the time our trip was over, Matt had arrived back home from a full day of FTX! He and I had a quick dinner, and headed out to meet Kristina... in our wedding clothes :)
Earlier this week Kristina was asking around for couples who still had the bride's wedding dress to take pics with her, so she could practice for her photography business. We jumped on the chance for post-wedding pics!
It was sooo exciting to put on my wedding dress again :D
The shoot was so much fun! Although we got great pictures on our actual wedding day back in May, this session felt a lot more relaxed because there wasn't wedding-day pressure and stress. It was laid-back and fun!
Here are some of the pics Kristina took :) (you can click on them to make them larger)
I have a feeling some of these will get framed! Check out more of Kristina's photography on her blog, HERE!
It's been quite a week, and the party continues! :) Today Matt's parents are in town following a work convention they attended at Sundance! We're planning on going to church all together before their flight back to Oregon.
And NEXT week WE'LL be the ones on a flight, for a fun weekend away! Can't wait to tell you all about it in seven days!
Have a great week friends, we're off to church! :)

















Love it! Thanks again for posing for me! :D
ReplyDelete