First Post: Newlywed life!
Hey friends! I hope you're having a fun Memorial Day weekend. Here's what we've been up to!
Earlier this month we came home from a long two-week road trip (wedding and honeymoon!), so although a trip to St. George was calling to us, we decided to stay put. It's turning out to be a wonderful thing: there seem to be a million newlywed chores to accomplish and this weekend has been a great opportunity to check things off our list.
For example... I got my Utah state driver liscense! It was so fun to see my face under the word UTAH and reaize that I'm really here to stay.
In the first attempt they got my birthday wrong so I got to drive into Orem TWICE to get it corrected. The nice lady at the DMV was super helpful and updated it free of charge (as it should be, but they usually would have asked me to pay!).
We also put the finishing touches on our first home! I love 'nesting' and feel most comfortable a well-decorated and clean home. It came together and looks SO cute!
The last thing we did to make it really feel like 'home' was to put up an American flag outside. The flag was a wedding gift from good friends and Matt put it up without drilling holes (apartment rules). I love seeing it hang outside our window.
(We hiked up to that really tall peak last week and I'm STILL sore! But I feel accomplished every time I see it out our window)
We got he house decorated just in time: after two previous receptions (one on the wedding day in Or and one the following week in Ca, pictures to come), we held a third in our home last night! It was a casual get-together and open house, and the turn-out was great! Considering that a lot of our friends are away for the long weekend, we were so happy that there was a steady stream of friends in and out of our home for three hours. We had fun and are excited for the follow-up plans we made while we were together (double dates, sneaking into YSA activities and pretending to be engaged still, etc). Life is great!
My only regret is that we didn't get pictures with everyone!
As the last guests were leaving we realized, to our surprise, that so many people had brought food that we had more AFTER the get-together than we'd set out in the first place! Blessings? :)
We sent a lot of treats home with friends because I am OFF sugar these days (I feel SOO much better without it!) and, when the apartment was quiet, realized that we were still pumped from having fun for hours: so we went out!
We caught a late movie at the Dollar Theater (they show poplular movies after they've left the regular theaters, and for about $1.50 per person! )
We saw Oz the Great and Powerful and I LOVED the bright colors throughout, and the theme of the movie. My favorite character was definately Glenda, and James Franco was PERfect as Oz. When we finally made it home early in the morning, we were exhausted!
It had been such a full day that I surprized myself by waking up at 7:00 this morning, pumped and energetic! I sprang out of bed and cleaned up the destruction from last night's party (always a sign of a good time!). I know where all of this energy is coming from though: today we're going to our new ward for the FIRST TIME, and it will be the first time I'm in a family ward of my own! (convert here!) I have a goal (I love goals) to dive into the ward head first and we're doing that by going to WARD CHOIR before the block starts! So excited to keep meeting our wonderful neighbors.
Being newlyweds is exciting and fun and new! We feel very blessed and I love that we get to share our experiences with you through this blog.
Enjoy the rest of your long weekend! :)
Earlier this month we came home from a long two-week road trip (wedding and honeymoon!), so although a trip to St. George was calling to us, we decided to stay put. It's turning out to be a wonderful thing: there seem to be a million newlywed chores to accomplish and this weekend has been a great opportunity to check things off our list.
For example... I got my Utah state driver liscense! It was so fun to see my face under the word UTAH and reaize that I'm really here to stay.
In the first attempt they got my birthday wrong so I got to drive into Orem TWICE to get it corrected. The nice lady at the DMV was super helpful and updated it free of charge (as it should be, but they usually would have asked me to pay!).
We also put the finishing touches on our first home! I love 'nesting' and feel most comfortable a well-decorated and clean home. It came together and looks SO cute!
The last thing we did to make it really feel like 'home' was to put up an American flag outside. The flag was a wedding gift from good friends and Matt put it up without drilling holes (apartment rules). I love seeing it hang outside our window.
(We hiked up to that really tall peak last week and I'm STILL sore! But I feel accomplished every time I see it out our window)
We got he house decorated just in time: after two previous receptions (one on the wedding day in Or and one the following week in Ca, pictures to come), we held a third in our home last night! It was a casual get-together and open house, and the turn-out was great! Considering that a lot of our friends are away for the long weekend, we were so happy that there was a steady stream of friends in and out of our home for three hours. We had fun and are excited for the follow-up plans we made while we were together (double dates, sneaking into YSA activities and pretending to be engaged still, etc). Life is great!
My only regret is that we didn't get pictures with everyone!
As the last guests were leaving we realized, to our surprise, that so many people had brought food that we had more AFTER the get-together than we'd set out in the first place! Blessings? :)
We sent a lot of treats home with friends because I am OFF sugar these days (I feel SOO much better without it!) and, when the apartment was quiet, realized that we were still pumped from having fun for hours: so we went out!
We caught a late movie at the Dollar Theater (they show poplular movies after they've left the regular theaters, and for about $1.50 per person! )
We saw Oz the Great and Powerful and I LOVED the bright colors throughout, and the theme of the movie. My favorite character was definately Glenda, and James Franco was PERfect as Oz. When we finally made it home early in the morning, we were exhausted!
It had been such a full day that I surprized myself by waking up at 7:00 this morning, pumped and energetic! I sprang out of bed and cleaned up the destruction from last night's party (always a sign of a good time!). I know where all of this energy is coming from though: today we're going to our new ward for the FIRST TIME, and it will be the first time I'm in a family ward of my own! (convert here!) I have a goal (I love goals) to dive into the ward head first and we're doing that by going to WARD CHOIR before the block starts! So excited to keep meeting our wonderful neighbors.
Being newlyweds is exciting and fun and new! We feel very blessed and I love that we get to share our experiences with you through this blog.
Enjoy the rest of your long weekend! :)


Comments
Post a Comment